BMI Opens Rising Star Award Nominations
[ORMOND BEACH, FL—January 13, 2019] The Book Manufacturers’ Institute (BMI) is now accepting nominations for their Rising Star Award which recognizes book industry professionals who are making a positive impact on their companies, in their communities, and on the industry. Nominations will be accepted through Friday February 28, 2020 at 5pm ET. The Award will be presented at the BMI Spring Management Conference in Atlanta May 3-5, 2020.
The inaugural class of finalist honorees were celebrated at the 2019 BMI Spring Management Conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. Clark Matthews of Independent Publishers Group was the recipient of the first-ever Rising Star Award.
This honor was conceived to “spotlight up-and-coming, worthy colleagues from companies in the printing, binding, and manufacturing sector—a vital segment of the book publishing supply chain,” according to Matt Baehr, Executive Director of BMI. “We are so excited to be recognizing and celebrating the achievements of our next generation of leaders.”
The selection criteria:
- Sustained excellent job performance
- Contributions to their company, community, and/or industry
- Continued training/education/learning within the industry
- Demonstration of exemplary customer service, community service, and/or industry service
- Age 39 years younger as of March 15, 2019 (the end of the nomination period)
- Employed in BMI’s network of member companies
BMI President Joe Upton of Above the Treeline said, “A tremendous amount of knowledge and innovation in every company comes from those who may be relative new-comers to the business. Seeing what these individuals bring to our industry is an inspiration, and we are happy to celebrate them.”